Friday, January 12, 2007

Benton - Lane Pinot Noir 2005

Ahhhhh, I do love a great Oregon Pinot Noir. Had some friends visiting from Oregon over the Holidays, and we went out to dinner, and of course. Had to share a bottle of my favorite. Oregon Pinot noir. My friend recommended this bottle, she had heard nice things. Being she is from Oregon, I decided to we should try it. A 2005 Benton Lane pinot Noir was our choice for the evening.

I found the aromas to be quite earthy and chocolaty. On the palate a bit spicy (kind of unusual for a traditional pinot Noir). Nice flavors of dark cherry and maybe a hint of coffee or mocha. A nice fuller bodied Pinot and quite complex. It had a quick and clean finish.

I do always tend to love Oregon Pinots. Oregon has a much better growing climate for this ultra sensitive grape. Having a much cooler and moist climate than California, Oregon tends to produce beautiful Pinots. This vineyard is in the Southern Willamette valley of Oregon.

First production of Benton Lane pinot was released in 1992. At first Benton Lane only produced pinot Noir, but in 2003 they produced small amounts of pinot Gris and pinot Blanc, but served exclusively in their tasting room, sort of an experiment. Then in 2004, the headed off with full production of the Pinot Gris and Pinot Blanc.I found this wine to be a fabulous change from the traditional Pinot and recommend it to anyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory

Anonymous said...

whats up ilikemywine.blogspot.com owner discovered your blog via yahoo but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your blog http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com

Anonymous said...

AlonseDionnog xaikalitag blimeaffelf [url=http://uillumaror.com]iziananatt[/url] berbOsteofs http://gusannghor.com Aftethype