Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Erath Oregon Pinot Noir

My previous review was on an Oregon Pinot, and I said I love a good Oregon Pinot Noir. Well this is my favorite to date. This is a fabulous all around great light red wine. Good with beef, fish, pasta, you name it, it's complimentary. 2005 Erath Oregon Pinot Noir - . Erath makes a beautiful pinot, very fruity on the nose with aromas of raspberry and blueberry. This is a sweeter Pinot Noir very fruity on the palate with strong flavors of strawberries and a touch of vanilla.This is a beautiful house red, this Pinot is very versatile with many foods.

Hope you find this wine as enjoyable as I do. Price is around $20, GREAT price for the treat inside. One thing I do not like about this particular wine.... twist top, which is a matter of opinion. I love the ritual of opening wines, smelling wines and of course the best part, tasting the wine. I also love wine corks. I find them unique to each different vineyard.

I also love to make wine cork boards from my collection of cool corks.Erath Winery is one of the oldest Oregon Pinot growers, Dick Erath is a Pinot pioneer. He has been winning awards for his Pinots since 1972. Before I was even born (barley). His goal, to make food friendly, all around affordable Pinot Noir. He succeeded. Dick Erath has one of the most interesting stories of all times.

I wasn't kidding when I said I love a good Oregon Pinot Noir. This is my all time favorite pinot from Oregon, for now. Oregon is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, as far as pinot growing climate goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but this is weak and insipid. Too weak bodied to be worth considering. And expensive.

Piscean Indigo said...

It's a Pinot Noir, not a Cab. Too many "Pinot Noir" wines out there contain some Cab and other chewier varietals in thier mix giving some folks the impression Pinot Noirs are supposed to have some weight. I found this delightfully light and perfect with poultry. I love a good Cabernet, the chewier the better imo, but again, true Pinot Noirs are NOT Cab-like nor should they be.